How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 115464
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question relates to a piece of land we have that is zoned agricultural area we had a

Customer Question

Hi My question relates to a piece of land we have that is zoned agricultural area we had a gravel pit operation and we went to our county to get permits needed and was told we had to do plans and stuff and it needed turned into the planning comm one we did they just kept putting us off and saying we needed more and more we hired an attorney he said the county did not have any jurisdiction over us for doing ag work in and ag area he went to the county and told them this and it was the end of the deal we want to now offer our pit as a pay fishing lake they are telling me we need a special use permit and are asking us to submit an application to the county and fees and such but said it is not guarantee we will get approved my question is fishing falls under DNR which deals with agricultural areas so would the same rules apply if we have a pay fishing lake on this same property ? would it still be that the county cannot tell us what we can or cannot do since it is in the same area
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we just do not know if we go the county route and submit all their stuff if it will be as it was in the past and it be a step we did not have to do as before or who is the regulatory over starting a pay lake we just do not want led down another wild goose chase road unnecessarily and still have to go another direction
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It does not require any zoning change, but a lake where you charge to fish would require a conditional use permit as you were told. You do not require a conditional use permit to sell vegetables grown on the land, but to sell permits to fish on the land or even to charge people to access the land for horseback riding or other recreational activities, a conditional use permit is required.