Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

MY HUSband of 7 months is getting more and more physicaly abusive

Customer Question

MY HUSband of 7 months is getting more and more physicaly abusive and is verbally abusive from morning till night. He was married once on the internet without getting it annulled. Are we married and is he committing bigamy. If not I want adivorce or legal separation buy I AM ON DISABility and he wont help. i have appliedfor winnebago state help so I can live at Valley View but it takes a while. the social securiy Also ti ook my SSI and gaveI gave it TO him. I need it back as I ONLY make $629 amonth on disability.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
Please tell me what you mean "married on the internet" To who? Where was this person? Who performed the ceremony? The Internet marriage does not sound like a legal marriage to me.
Also, have you consulted with legal aid in your area about helping with a divorce?