Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can the probation people in Lawrenceburg tn. keep charging

Customer Question

can the probation people in Lawrenceburg tn. keep charging monthly fees for a dui charge I got 7 years ago I have already payed the 11 29 one year fees ordered by the court they are the only thing keeping me from getting my dl. back. the fine and restatement fees are payed
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardThe answer is yes they can. HOWEVER, you can file a Motion to Vacate or Abate the fees based on indigence, if you are unable to reasonably afford them. I suggest you best recourse is to at least consult with a local attorney. The clerk of the court may have forms you can file on your own. You can file to have them Vacated - meaning dissolved entirely or at the very least have them abated which means reduced to a manageable amount.Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you