Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

In October I went to an outpatient drug addiction treatment

Customer Question

In October I went to an outpatient drug addiction treatment program and my ex found out and took me to court.I was ordered to urine test for the next 4 months all tests were negative. Feb we had mediation and the testing stopped. Ow it's almost august and he is asking the court to test me again can he do that without evidence
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
He can certainly try to get you tested again based simply on the fact that you are an addict in recovery. But if he has no more evidence than that and nothing recent and credible to show habitual use of controlled substances and justify more testing, you can object to it on those grounds. As situations like this are related to custody, however, the judge may require the testing.