Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have a neighor who tried to serve a restraining order. She

Customer Question

I have a neighor who tried to serve a restraining order. She didn't even have the right name. The sherrif did however let me see what it was about and basically she is accusing me of killing her dog which has been dead for years. she lied on a legal document. What are my recourses? Every thing I seen on that order was an out and out lie.
I am wondering if I should file an order on her? She has a dog that has bit me three times and hangs her dogs poop outside her door or on her patio. Which I believe is a health issue. I do not like this lady and do not ever speak to her except on two occasions once to tell her not to sweep her leaves in front of my door. and the other one was cigarette butts. I believe this lady has some mental issues and have been told by others in the complex she uses drugs. I am the one who should be afraid of her. If she will lie on a legal document what else will she do?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
So the allegations are totally false. And you have a court date to appear - correct?
The Complainant - your neighbor - needs to prove her allegations. You will need to object and show the court that what she is alleging is not possible and why
For instance, the dog has been dead 3 years and you were no where around.
I suggest you can file for a Restraining Order against her. You just don't want it to appear to be a tit for tat situation.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you