Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a elected supervisor in Lassen County I have

Customer Question

Hello I am a elected supervisor in Lassen County I have already asked your opinion on this matter but I need more information this is the situation I have a mini market that sells gas we have over a 25 year history with selling gas to Lassen County Sheriff
and and Road dept I was under the impression that I was exempt from conflict of interest 18702.3 we are very rural and their are not a lot of options for fueling these are public safety issues, the amount of the county purchases are 38,000 dollars our sales
totaled 2,871,830.85 dollars these purchases amount to about 1 percent of sales, also the gallons purchased amount to about 11,000 our sales were 449,607.48 our county is 4720 square miles with a approximate population of 34,000 I did not know about gov code
1090 I am concerned because I did not declare remote interest do I have exposure it seems the rule of necessity should be honored. Tom Hammond
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello There are five county supervisors in Lassen County, CA -- correct?