Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If my landlord, who owns the building my business is in, has

Customer Question

if my landlord, who owns the building my business is in, has personal injury insurance on the building, am I also required to name him, on my liability insurance?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. Can you please explain what you mean by "name" your landlord on your insurance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been asked to include the landlords name as defendant on my liability insurance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the property management co.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry about my confusion, waiting for a password, you were going to send. I think the time has expired or something. I have had no response since 12:48. please remove the charges from my CC. I will try another source for my request.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. I'm really sorry, but I don't think that I'll be able to provide you with a useful answer. I will open your question for other attorneys to review. Thank you for using our service.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes, you do. Requiring Tenants to name the Landlord as the beneficiary on the Tenant's insurance policy is now common and fast becoming mandatory.