Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I think my phone is being remotely spyed on. How do i get rid of it or find out who it is

Customer Question

I think my phone is being remotely spyed on. How do i get rid of it or find out who it is ? How to prosecute?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..What is the phone doing to make you think that someone is tampering with it?.Have you downloaded any new applications recently?.Have you backed up all your contact information to separate storage like an online storage?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bad reverb. Very light talking in the background while i can hear my tv and the bottons on my phone dialing in the background. I have my dial settings on silent. i have had callspyalert for a while. It has been going off consistantly when i talk to my bestfriend. That was the only thing at first. Then it started intercepting with tv sound as well as my home cordless phone in kitchen. Yes i have backed up everything.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it is possible that someone installed a malicious app to run in the background to spy on your activities. But if you have backed everything up, then you can do a hard reset and basically wipe the phone back to original configuration. That will remove any applications that have been put on the phone, including malicious ones..It is kind of the nuclear bomb of options as it means that you will basically have the phone as if you had just bought it that day, but it would get rid of anything malicious..The other option would be to take it in to your service provide and see if they can run a scan on it to determine if there is any malicious program running in the background, if you haven't already done that....The other explanation could be that the frequency that it is operating on is just close enough to other frequencies from things like the cordless phone or tv so as to be picking up interference from them...So I would talk to your provider first to see if they could scan the phone for you, then do the factory reset, then consider getting an entirely different phone if the interference is still showing up...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ill try that then let you know
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
10-4, that should solve the issue and eliminate the problem whether it is caused by someone installing something malicious on your phone or whether it is simply a phone issue...thanksBarrister