Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a pothole incident last June.Contacted the city and they

Customer Question

I had a pothole incident last June.Contacted the city and they refused my complaint. I have a Mercedes with excellent tires but they stated that my tires were low profile and the major contributing factor in the severity of the damages incurred. I had a 31/2" slash in the front tire and a bubble in the back at the cost of $834.00 which I would like reimbursed. Do I have a chance to recover my cost?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Unfortunately, the answer is no. The City is not going to pay for the cost if the City has already told you that your car's tires were the main cause for your damages. The chances of you prevailing in Court with the City under these circumstances are little to zero.