Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

THIS CASE IS IN MINNESOTA. I HAD A SURGERY THAT DID NOT GO

Customer Question

THIS CASE IS IN MINNESOTA. I HAD A SURGERY THAT DID NOT GO SO WELL. I WANT TO MAKE AN APOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTOR AND RECORD THE CONVERSATION WITHOUT HIS CONSENT OR KNOWLEGE IN ORDER POSSIBLY ACQUIRE EVIDENCE FOR A LAW SUIT AGAINST HIM. CAN I LEGALLY DO THIS AND, IF I WERE TO SUE, WOULD A COURT ALLOW THIS TYPE OF EVIDENCE?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..Yes, it is legal to record the conversation. MN is considered a "one party consent state" which means that as long as one party to the conversation is aware of and consents to the recording (i.e. you) then it is legal to do so and you can use that recording in any legal case that you may pursue against the other party.,,thanksBarrister