Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My COOP is trying to evict my wife and I because of things

Customer Question

My COOP is trying to evict my wife and I because of things that my wife has said and done or allegedly done. She has been hospitalized three time in little over a year and diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. They've tried to charge us about $8,000 in legal fees so far. We've been to court and are scheduled to go back again in a couple of weeks. This all started because of a very noisy neighbor that lives directly above us. My wife came to believe that he was committing serious crimes because of all the noise. We've made several complaints about the noise to the property management. They've tried to use the clause in the proprietary lease about "unreasonable noises and cooking smells" against us. We have a lawyer whom has been representing us since last December but wanted I want to see if you have any advice on what we can do.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
We do not give any legal advice here. We only provide general legal information.
Do you have a specific question?