Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can a judge deny you the right to take your prescribed medications

Customer Question

can a judge deny you the right to take your prescribed medications as well as any over the counter medications without approval thru his court even though it could take up to 2 weeks to get that approval
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.
Could you clarify?
What did you mean by "without approval?" Approval of whom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approval from the Judge. This is not just pertaining to prescribed medications but also any over the counter medications of any kind as well. I went to court yesterday, and due to my Fibromyalgia I was in extreme pain and my feet were so swollen I could only get a pair of flip flops on, and of course my mother drove me. when I arrived he court room was full and I was the last one on the docket he called me up first where he out loud joked about that I was on something when I asked why would you think that it was said that it was the way I had walked to the podium , I tried to explain it was the swelling of my feet and the pain in my legs and all they could say is yea, heard that before
Thank you for the information. However, I still cannot answer your question because I still do know what is going on here.
Why would a Judge take away your right to take prescription and over the counter drugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you anyway and I apologize for the confusing message but just to follow up on my first post, yes I am dealing with a peculiar situation and I have since learned that I can not (as of this minute and only as a US citizen) not be denied my prescriptions or over the counter medications but what I am having to go through to exercise my rights as a US Citizen is INSANE, most people would probably be stunned! EXCERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry, but I still do not understand your situation. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.
Best wishes,
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Is your judge a criminal or civil judge? What is the nature of the case before the judge? Are you on probation/parole/ or in Drug or Mental Health court?