Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My father is 89 yrs.old and in the care of a home health care

Customer Question

my father is 89 yrs.old and in the care of a home health care company.my ex daughter in law is the office manager for this local company.their is a lot of bitterness from their break up.the problem is she is constantly telling my fathers care giver several negative things about my son which she does not hesitate to tell my father and then relating back to my daughter in law.the latest issue involves the care taker telling my father that my ex d,i.law is planning to marry someone of a diiferant race.now my d.i.law is withholding certain corraspondance and care because of this.I mentioned this to her per phone conversation on 07/23/15 and she snapped that she could tell anyone she wanted to about my son,and she didn't like the direction our conversation was going so we terminated the conversation.my question,is she correct about her right to discuss my son to my fathers care giver"?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes, she can so long as what she is saying is the truth. Otherwise, your son can sue her for libel. However, it is illegal for her to direct her office to withhold care for your father. You can file complaint against her company with the agency that regulates home health care agencies in your State.