Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If i had a paid a probation judgement but not in full is there a limit of liability? A new

Customer Question

if i had a paid a probation judgement but not in full is there a limit of liability? A new courthouse was being built and I was never billed after they moved into new bldg. Also this was in 1997 and i just found out a lein was placed against my property in2008. Yet I never received notice till now 2015
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): New York
What have you tried so far?: calling probation dept cashier to see if a settlement can be made

Response: There is no "limit of liability.” You need to pay the full amount of the Judgment. However you can speak with the Probation Department to see if the remaining balance could be reduced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the suggestion.
You are quite Welcome!
All the best