Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

HELP ME PLEASE! MY LIFE HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY MY WIFE! I

Customer Question

HELP ME PLEASE!
MY LIFE HAS BEEN HIJACKED BY MY WIFE!
I had a stroke about 3 years ago. During my recovery, I was incapacitated for quite a while and my wife took over everything through power of attorney.
I've been ready, willing and able to go back to work for over a year now, but, now she has complete control over my life and won't let me. (She has been involved with an advocacy group that wants to get a cut of all of my backpay for SSI & long term disability insurance).
She controls everything. My bank account, all legal matters, everything. She monitors all my phone calls and controls the phone. She won't let me drive. I think it's a Social Security fraud scheme.
I'm trying to get away from her and get a job to prove my competency to work. But she has complete control and I'm worried she's going to you do something drastic.
How do I take back control over my life? What do l need to do?
PLEASE HELP ME!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. You gave your wife a Power of Attorney? 2. Did she go to court and get a court ever make an order that she be appointed your legal guardian and conservator?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug