Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been paying my husband chevron credit card

Customer Question

i have been paying my husband chevron credit card for more than 20 years just found out ii was not responability. for the card because he was the primary card holder. he died in 1993, am i due a refund.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.Sorry...I do not understand understand...could you perhaps give some context? Would it help to chat on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the credit card company told me that i did not have to pay his balance. i have paid them thousands of dollars
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
thank youI agree with you, if the debt was his alone, and he has passed, you have no responsibility to pay.But I still do not understand...if the credit card company agreed you do not have to pay, why did you continue to pay?