Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

Just got a call they said it was the IRS they said they were

Customer Question

just got a call they said it was the IRS they said they were filling a class action suit against me MR Frederick case they didn't mention me by name but gave me aphone number to call n to call right away the #***-***-**** don't know if this was some kind of scam call three times always busy 84 yrs. old never had a problem with them what do u advise
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. You need not worry about this. This is a total scam...don't pay them a dime. The IRS is fully aware of this (http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Reiterates-Warning-of-Pervasive-Telephone-Scam) and has the following instructions for you: "If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, here’s what you should do:If you know you don’t owe taxes or have no reason to think that you owe any taxes (for example, you’ve never received a bill or the caller made some bogus threats as described above), then call and report the incident to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration at 1.***-***-****.You can file a complaint using the FTC Complaint Assistant; choose “Other” and then “Imposter Scams.” If the complaint involves someone impersonating the IRS, include the words “IRS Telephone Scam” in the notes." Article: http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/pf/taxes/irs-tax-scams/index.html?iid=HP_LN Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!