CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Cable TV neighborhoodcentral distribution box in neighbor's

Customer Question

Cable TV neighborhoodcentral distribution box in neighbor's back yard. Neighbor refuses cable tv company access to box so I can have cable tv service claiming box is in his back yard so it belongs to him. Can he do that and what are my rights?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
The Cable company should have an easement. The easement gives them a legal right to cross. The easement rights belong to the cable company, not to you (although you are a beneficiary).Having such a violent individual (threatening to shoot someone coming onto the property with a legal and valid easement) may make it worthwhile to call law enforcement ahead of time.But the cable company should be dealing with this problem, not you (again, they are the ones that own the easement rights).