Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I purchased new applicances back in April 2015, the washer

Customer Question

I purchased new applicances back in April 2015, the washer flooded my new home after the very first time I hit the start button, I have made contact with the merchant and they told me there was no fault on their part, but I had water damage, mold, recovery team who came out, and even though my home owners insurance paid, I was not satisfied with the damages that had taken place and even today, the merchant has still not done anything or showed any accountability for the faulty washing machine.
What can I do to receive full recovery of all damages that have taken place in my home?
Thank you!
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Was this a direct result of the washer or did it have anything to do with the way it was installed? How much out of pocket are you and why did insurance not pay for everything and make you whole?