Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I am a United States resident. I am applying business

Customer Question

i am a United States resident. I am applying for a business visa to UK (London) to attend a meeting for 5 days. In the application, there is a question if i have had any criminal convictions (including traffic offenses). I got a speeding ticket in missouri and i just payed the fine. I didnt have to go to court neither was i arrested. It was below the 20 mile over the speed limit. Is that considered a criminal conviction.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a criminal lawyer. Were you doing more than 5 miles over the limit? If so, your conviction is of a Class C misdmeanor and you would have to answer yes and disclose the offense. If it was only 5 mph or less over the limit, it would only be an infraction, which is something less than a crime. You could answer "no."