Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I got a ticket tag and got the tag the same day

Customer Question

I got a ticket for expired tag and got the tag the same day will i have to pay the ticket
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I lookforward to working with you to provide you the information you areseeking for educational purposes only. If you had an expired tag when stopped, then you were still in violation of the law. However, if you immediately corrected the violation and bring proof to the court, depending on the prosecutor, most times they will agree to dismiss the citation or at the very least reduce the fine. However, to do that you need to plead not guilty and go to court and then ask to conference with the prosecutor and show them proof of the new registration and ask them to dismiss or reduce the fine. It is not automatic that it will be dismissed, but many times the prosecutor/court will do so.