Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Im married live in Memphis tn in 2001 while married my

Customer Question

Hi im married live in Memphis tn in 2001 while married my mother left me nice stock fund I want to protect from creditors, divorcé etc., what form would I need
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
There is no silver bullet to protecting assets from creditors. The best one can do is create a IRREVOCABLE TRUST. See here.
To find a pre-made form for this, see here. However, since this is a complicated matter, it is best to use counsel if possible.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you do you have list of this practice avail for Memphis TN?>
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
The link is for a general list. There is really no more specific list. You may be able to find something for TN on that list. Honestly, the irrevocable trust is DRAFTED more often than not, since it is so nuanced. So you may also be able to find a list in your local law library.Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the REPLY or SEND button to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.