Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My step daughter and son in law want to buy a piece of property

Customer Question

My step daughter and son in law want to buy a piece of property that they have been renting from me. It has only a storage shed onn it. They live in a Motor Home and have for 4 or 5 yrs. I want to sell it to them without a lot of legal fees . can we use a Contract od Deed to do this and do i need to change interests.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. You cans sell it by contract for deed.You decide what interest rate to charge or whether to charge interest at all.It is appropriate in my mind to charge some amount of interest since it is a long term thing.You can will them the deed upon your death in your will if you choose.This would give them the property free and clear at your death. Here are forms for your state.. http://www.uslegalforms.com/wa/WA-00470.htm This is probably the simplest, cheapest way to do this.I appreciate the chance to hep you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it be necessary to file this with the county
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will it be necessary to file anything with the county
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
No it does not have to be recorded.You may choose to voluntarily do s but it is optional here in your state. Law for reference. http://contractfordeed.uslegal.com/state-laws/washington-contract-for-deed-law/
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
I wish yo9u the best here.If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.