Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am Manjunath Shenoy, living in Qatar. We had Canadian

Customer Question

I am Manjunath Shenoy, living in Qatar.
We had Canadian Immigration in the Year 2000 and we landed in Toronto with my family of 2 kids. BUt because of my ailing parents and prior committments I had to go back.
I have all my Original landing papers with me, is it still possible for us to go back or do we need to apply fresh.
I am 53 years, my wife 45 years, my son is 20 and daughter is 17. Please guide
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you left the country and it was for more than a year and without permission from immigration, then you are going to have to reapply for your immigration again. You must file all new paperwork to be able to immigrate back and remain in the country. So you need to go to the local immigration office/consulate/embassy and get the immigration forms to complete to submit together with all of your proofs of identity.