Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My property is under a very old rofr --it has been assigned

Customer Question

My property is under a very old rofr --it has been assigned 4 times since first instated --- there was originally 45 acres and a home that I received in 2006 I did not know that said letter was there but infact it was I sold 14 + 10 A without the owner of the rofr activating his ownership -- he had not known about the right -- he has made several offers but all low -- I have a buyer for the home and 8 acres -- he received the offer today but the verbiage has no time limit --- Is there in Georgia a law to the limit to his response time? And if so what is it --- Thank you
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
By rofr do you mean "right of first refusal?". Also, what is meant by "when first instated". This is far more complicated and will require additional services to get at all the necessary facts. I will be happy to go over all the facts with you and answer questions.