Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

What is waiving your formal service in a divorce mean?

Customer Question

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardTo "waive formal service" generally means that the divorce is not going to be contested, all issues are resolved and since both parties agree there is no need to have the sheriff or a process server be paid to make the service. The party agrees that they will simply get a copy from the other party.You see, formal service can only be made by a person at least 18 years of age who is not a party to the matter. Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you