Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have been working and living in TX for 2 1/2 years. I started working new company

Customer Question

I have been working and living in TX for 2 1/2 years. I started working for a new company in FL on 1/31/2015. I was given until Sept.n 2015 to move tio FL and have been working for them while living in Texas, I am currently in NY trying to list my home for sale, while still working for the company. I inhformed them that due to multiple family situations, I am unable to move to FL. I am moving ton Arizona in mid-August. They have cut my salary down from 100% to 40% and my last day of work with them will be 7/31`/2015. Can I file for unemployment and if so, in which state?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Do you have a current residence in Texas? Is the employer withholding taxes from your pay based on Texas or New York law?