Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a years lease on a condo which includes covered parking.

Customer Question

I have a years lease on a condo which includes covered parking. A tree fell on the parking structure in Oct 2014 it was not put back into service until April of 2015. All other users
We're given other covered units but me ,so their general manager told me .During thi period
I continued making payments as usual .at no time did I receive a monthly credit. When I questioned about it they said it had already been paid ??
I have all statements from Chase Bank on my I Pad ,paid in & paid out, it does not subsatuate this ! My vehicle received parking lot and snow plow damage here in their
Parking lot during that period of time .
CAN I BREAK MY LEASE ?? Gene Snyder ...Waterford Mich ...cell231(###) ###-####..text me
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern.Just to be clear, you do have a spot now but did not for 6 months? During that time, did you ask the landlord to offset the rent, based upon the value of the spot and loss of use for it? Also, does the general manager claim ALL residents who were effected by this received a credit?