LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Have a workers comp case. They wont so many years prior to

Customer Question

Have a workers comp case. They wont so many years prior to injury. This is in ND. How may years do they have legalely can they go back?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
North Dakota has no limitation on the number of years that they may go back to seek information regarding injuries or disease to the same parts of your body which you claim were injured in the work incident.
What they are not entitled to get for example would be your psychiatric records if you are claiming a back injury.
But if you are claiming a back injury at work, and had back problems dating back to a sports injury in high school, ND law allows the comp carrier to get your medical records back to high school which deal with any back problems that you were seen or treated for.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get a legal copy of what the law states to take to court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind dont call, just how can I get a copy of what was said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank's for that !!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You still there
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
You wrote: "How do I get a legal copy of what the law states to take to court"
A copy of what law?
"Never mind don't call, just how can I get a copy of what was said"
What was said where?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you first replyed with about ND wc laws at top
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You dont see it ?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I said that there is no limitation on the number of years they can go back. A limitation would be stated in the law, but the lack of a limitation would not be, and is not, a law.
Discovery---which is the process of the other side looking a relevant records---allows them to get all medical records that might reasonably lead to the discovery of admissible evidence in the case. There is not law that says they may only go back a set number of years.
I am more than happy to talk with you but when I accepted your request for a call there was a problem. So you can accept the offer I made to you which was the same amount and I can call you.
Please remember to rate my service to you.
I wish you well.
Doug