Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

The Magis Center and faith has on its advisory

Customer Question

The Magis Center for science and faith has on its advisory board 3 cardinals and 3 bishops and is run by Fr. Robert Spitzer, SJ. I believe this organization is guilty of heresy because it is promoting irrational arguments for God’s existence based on science
rather than the rational arguments based on metaphysics. It is also violating Canon Law 270 against pseudoscience. I have brought my concerns to the attention of Fr. Spitzer, the advisory board, and the Committee of Evangelization and Catechesis of the United
States Conference of Catholic Bishops. My multiple requests for a meeting to explain my opinions about this matter are being rejected. I am considering filing canonical charges against one or more of the bishops. Who should I file the charges with? Should
I pick a bishop and file charges with his metropolitan archbishop? Should I file charges with the Synod of Bishops in Rome? The attached file is a letter I sent to the bishops involved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This book review explains why the "first cause" argument for God's existence is not consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.This is why the Magis Center is guilty of heresy and pseudoscience. I'v asked the Committee on Evangelization and Catechesis to correct the Magis Center and have offered to explain the matter in person, but I am being ignored. What should I do? How do I file a canonical complaint against a bishop?
http://ezinearticles.com/?Heresy-and-Pseudoscience&id=9107027
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for a great resource on how to file a canon lawsuit. **********What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt. Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week! Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The article was not at all relevant to my question. I want to charge a bishop with heresy, not with violating my rights. I know how to file a complaint under canon law against a priest (his bishop) and a cardinal (the pope). How do I file a heresy charge against a bishop and an archbishop? Who has jurisdiction? For heresy, I would think the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Why not the Synod of Bishops in Rome? Why not the Congregation for the Institutes of Consecrated Life and Apostolic Life?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the best course of action is to file canonical charges against Archbishop Chaput because I have an email from him refusing to see me and because he is affiliated with the Magis Center. The Magis Center and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is refusing to consider my criticisms of the Magis Center. In my opinion, the Magis Center is guilty of heresy for promoting arguments for God's existence based on science instead of metaphysics. Such arguments are irrational. Another complaint is that they are promoting the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin which is pseudoscience and misrepresents our salvation history. The third reason is that they are promoting pseudoscience in connection with evolutionary biology. I'v attached a registered letter I just sent to Cardinal Mueller in Rome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm reading Canon Law Explained: A Handbook for Laymen. I found out about the Presbyteral Council for the Archdiocese of New York. Perhaps I should have asked the Chairman of this group to correct Cardinal Dolan instead of the Pope? Concerning my plan to file a canonical complaint against Bishop Chaput, should I contact the Presbyteral Council for Philadelphia?