Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'am being forced to stop seeing a Doctor I like and respect

Customer Question

I'am being forced to stop seeing a Doctor I like and respect very much. They want me to go back to a Doctor I had before,I left him because he has no people skills and I don't like or respect him. This is happening because of a Nurse,NP,who met with me once for about 7 to8 minutes,he refused me a refill on my pain meds,, he lectured me about taking them and refused to ok it. When I explained to him that this was the only pain meds I could take because of my Heart he laughed and said
I would have to tough it out. When I went back to the office today I found out he red flagged my file and accused me of Doctor Shopping for the pills,my insurance has a flag on it. When I called the office about the appointment a person,who has nothing to do with me or my med records upon hearing my name very loudly informed me that I was not getting my pills no matter what ,I said or did. When I started asking her how did she know about my private med records,she said everybody knows,then switched me to somebody else. I lost my wife ,son,and a 24 year,job in 2013 and my life has been down hill since then. I cant afford a lawyer ,I just need to know how to protect myself. I'am trying to pick up the pieces. Thank you Reading this Edward Paivav
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am very sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?