Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a 5+ multifamily property in Dallas, TX. One of my

Customer Question

I have a 5+ multifamily property in Dallas, TX. One of my tenant's guests claims he fell in the parking lot due to a shallow, wide pothole (more like an inch slope in an irregular asphalt). Guest claims to get sprained ankle and back injury. He works as a day laborer/ hauler/ mover. This guest visited the property everyday prior to this incident, which happened 2 months ago. And he continues to visit and loiter outside on the parking lot everyday even after the incident. Other tenants reported that this "guest" is asking some of our tenants to lie for him in exchange he will give them money. We want to stop this guest from loitering or even coming to our property. We are willing to evict whoever is inviting him, if we need to. My question is.. Should we start giving notice to evict the tenant whos's inviting him even if he pays his rent? (Just FYI, our lease does not specify that we have authority to bar any tenant's guests from coming). Or do we start getting rid of the guest and do we have grounds to charge him with trespassing? Pls help as to what course of action we should take.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?