Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I belong to a Tennis Club that voted to I pale net bylaws for

Customer Question

I belong to a Tennis Club that voted to I pale net bylaws for the Club
The bylaws are just 3 pages and vanilla in nature
However the bylaws do state that to add, delete or change the bylaws required a vote of the Full membership
To me that means Women and Men
I recently asked for a full vote of the membership to decide an issue that has been argued and discussed the past several years. I wanted to put the issue to bed
Instead of getting what I requested , the President/Board decided to send out a vote to Only the men players , not the full membership as I requested.
This could be because the men thought the vote would pass because the women had a private, but illegal vote amongst some of the female members
Illegal because , we are one club and must vote as one Club unless otherwise stated in the bylaws
I sent a second request for a vote of the full membership on the same issue
Some male members tried to stop the vote, even though it was approved to be sent out to all the members as a bylaw vote
They tried by using several tactics
1- telling the members not to vote because I did not have the right to request a vote even though the bylaws specific that any member can submit an amendment to the bylaws
2- Confusing everyone by trying to convince them that Tennis actions are not part of the bylaws
My position is that the bylaws does not prevent or prohibit anything from being added to the bylaws
In addition, Tennis actions are part of the bylaws in two forms -either as a bylaw or a set of rules that are voted on by the members and become a section of the bylaws to be voted on
Please help me, my home number is(###) ###-####
I'm live in New Jersey, Ocean County
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What specific help are you seeking from us?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am requesting a ful refund because I never received an answer to my situation
I could not access your response to my inquiry unless I agreed to a free trial and selected an automatic pay monthly option. I do not want to sign up for a free trial under those one sided conditions. I never received an answer therefore I want a full refund
Thank you for your reply.
You could not access my response because no answer was given to you.
When customers come to this site, sometimes they fail to give experts sufficient information or specific questions as to what they are seeking and when that happens, the expert has to ask the customer.
I merely asked you a question, because in your long post you did not have a SPECIFIC QUESTION of what you wanted us to answer and without that I have no way to know what information to provide you.
I am sorry you felt the need to express your anger at me because I was trying to make sure what you wanted to know, but I believe it is simply because many customers do not understand this system works with back and forth replies between expert and customer to get to the information the expert needs to answer the customer and to also answer follow up questions for that customer.
If you would like an answer, please answer my question in my first reply.
If not, the experts are not employees of this site and cannot give refunds, so you can get your refund by contacting customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
I am so sorry you misunderstood how this system works and if you still would like an answer for your situation, please respond with your specific questions about your situation that you would like us to answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my position valid
Thank you for your reply.
If your bylaws state to modify bylaws it requires the vote of ALL members and there are male and female members, then the club cannot just refuse to put the issue up for a vote. The club also cannot just send the vote to the male members. ALL MEMBERS MEANS ALL MEMBERS.
If this bylaw was properly presented and a vote requested, then the board has to call a vote of all members and failure to do so is a breach of the bylaws. If it is a topic that belongs in the bylaws and is something that may be controlled by the club, then the members can propose the bylaw and the club board has to put it out to everyone for a vote.
If the club continues to refuse to allow the proper vote, the recourse of the members is to file a petition for declaratory judgment in the court for the court to review and issue an order regarding following what the bylaws state.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is sufficient , but I do not want to start with any of your plans
Please do not charge my credit card with any more charges
Thank you for your reply. You are not showing as a subscription customer, so only one charge should appear.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.