Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I call a north Dakota phone ask donation rate can I be cha

Customer Question

i call a north Dakota phone ask donation rate can I be charged
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Can you please explain in some more detail, as we do not understand what your situation is and what you are specifically wanting to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called an escort
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I call an escort number that is the law
Thank you for your question and additional information.
Just calling an escort number cannot get you charged with a crime. It is against the law to pay for sex, it is not against the law to call for a date or an escort out in public. It is against the law to offer to pay someone just for sex with you and if you do that and the police catch you then you could be charged with soliciting prostitution, which is against the law for hiring someone to have sex under N.D. Cent. Code § 12.1-29-06. It is a class B misdemeanor and punishable by up to 30 days in jail and up to a $100 fine.
If you called and did not offer money specifically for sex, you committed no crime under ND law.