Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If a person is named in a will, can they deny anything that

Customer Question

If a person is named in a will, can they deny anything that is left to them?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Absolutely! A beneficiary of a will has no requirement to accept a bequest or inheritance and can disclaim all or part of any bequest/inheritance. To do so, the person would sign an Affidavit of Disclaimer of Inheritance and deliver it to the executor of the estate. If you need a template for this Affidavit, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!