Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I received false, slanderous allegations on legal documents

Customer Question

I received false, slanderous allegations on legal documents from Probate Court which denied my legal right to try title to US Savings Bonds of Conserved person. I brought the matter to the attention of the Council on Probate Judicial Conduct. I was shocked when I was asked whether the presiding Judge's signature was on the documents.
My intent is to send the documentation to the US Justice Dept. to determine whether the actions were criminal or unethical.
Any suggestions?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They had to have some legal reason given for denying you right to try the title to the bonds, what was that reason?
Did you file a notice of appeal and appeal the denial to the appeals court, which is you next legal step?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the Senior Probate Court Clerk and the Attorney were in cahoots together. They claimed I unduly influenced the conserved person to purchase the Bonds in 2007, when in fact she purchased them in 2001. There was so many false allegations on the documents it was sickening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the Senior Probate Court Clerk and the Attorney were in cahoots together. They claimed I unduly influenced the conserved person to purchase the Bonds in 2007, when in fact she purchased them in 2001. There was so many false allegations on the documents it was sickening. There was also criminal activity which is the reason I made the decision to bring the matter to the attention of the US Justice Dept. Criminal Justice Div., in Washington, DC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Bye....
Thank you for your reply. Please understand we are working with multiple customers and replies must be answered in order. I appreciate you having the patience and consideration. Additionally, it takes time for us to actually type a response to you. Thank you again for understanding that.
Was there a trial before the probate court and proof provided in court? Has the matter actually been heard and did you file a motion in the court for ownership of the bond?
If you went through the probate court hearing and the judge denied you, then that is a final judgment and from that you have to file a notice of appeal and file your appeal to the court of appeals, that is the proper legal way to dispute this.
If all you have right now is the probate clerk and the attorney denying your claim to the bonds, then you need to start by filing a claim against the estate by filing a motion for ownership in the probate court and having a hearing where you will be able to present your evidence proving all of those statements are false and slanderous (if the court agrees with you, then you can file a motion for sanctions against the attorney and estate and get the court to award you damages on top of the bond for their improper false statements trying to mislead the court).
However, complaining to the DA or the US Attorney or US Treasury department at this point is not going to get what you need. You need to pursue the legal process through probate court first and then to the appeals court to prove your claim and prove their statements are false and slanderous as you said and then seek sanctions against the attorney for making them.