Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Does the actions of a online gaming clan have the right to

Customer Question

does the actions of a online gaming clan have the right to act as a governing body for actions that have takenplace outside the game or there forums .org
The clan in question operates within the usa but is owned from a out of country .org
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
They would only have the right to act as a governing body, in this context as a non-governmental entity, if there has been a contractual agreement or acknowledgement by the participants on the forum that this body would be a de facto governing entity. I suppose, theoretically, the owners of the sites in question could contract with this clan to provide structure and governance as well and it would be legal. In that situation, the owners of the sites would essentially be granting their rights to govern their own boards to this entity. That would be legal as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively as well. Best wishes going forward!