Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I was pulled over and the police said I have a warrant for

Customer Question

I was pulled over and the police said I have a warrant for my arrest I had no idea about this what should I do the police let me go only because I was not in the jurisdiction Plus the warrant had my name but my ID has my name with my middle name I don't know what to do I am currently working a good job
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What is the warrant for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Domistic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A warrant out for my arrest domestic abuse stating I beat up somebody
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, arrest warrants do not go away and never expire, so generally, it is only the matter of time before an arrest warrant is enforced and the wanted person is apprehended.
Generally, there are two ways to resolve such warrant:
1)To surrender to jail of the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued and to face the judge and hopefully there is a bond set so defendant can be released;
2) To hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney to review the entire pending criminal case and to determine whether the warrant can be vacated, without having to go through jail, by possibly simply showing up at the court hearing and addressing the criminal charge.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions?