Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Are private apartment complexes legally mandated to display places and vis

Customer Question

Are private apartment complexes legally mandated to display places for residential and visitor parking prior to towing?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ExpertLaw.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
No...there is no statute in Virginia which requires them to delineate private from public parking prior to towing. That said, it behooves the apartment complex to make this delineation so that they do not errantly tow the wrong vehicle and get sued as a result thereof. That is why you see these signs in some apartment complexes and not others...it is a litigation mitigation strategy by the owner/landlord so that they know who to tow and who not to tow. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively. Best wishes going forward!
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!