How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5145
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad is 90 years old. We just helped him move from his home in Wilmington, NC to a

Customer Question

Hi. My dad is 90 years old. We just helped him move from his home in Wilmington, NC to a retirement community in Chattanooga, Tn. Somehow along the way he has lost his personal papers including his birth certificate. He has no current drivers license or passport. We need proof of identity to get him a Tennessee id card. Which affidavit form would we use to get notarized and hopefully enable him to get a current id from TN. And would that work?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.
If he has his Medicare card or Social Security card, you can have a notary review those documents have have the notary sign an affidavit that he has examined those documents and that they appear to be authentic. The notary would also state in his affidavit that he has questioned your father about these documents and that it is his opinion that the documents appear to be your Dad's. Note, there is no affidavit form. Instead, the notary is preparing and then signing an affidavit of his own.

Related Legal Questions