Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am being harassed by the director of our local humane society.

Customer Question

I am being harassed by the director of our local humane society. She turned me in for horse abuse and had the state vet out to my home to verify this. Our horse was sick and had lost a lot of weight but we were able to provide vet records, feed records and he closed the case as no abuse. She and her board of directors have trespassed on our property and continue to drive by our home trying to prove there is abuse even though 2 horse vets told them there is no case. The police have also told them they have to leave us alone yet they won't stop. I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardIf they trespass onto your property, I suggest you go to the police and have a report on trespassing filed so a summons can be issued for a court hearing on that charge.Is it is a public road she is on, that is not going to be as easy. But you should consider having a local attorney writ a cease and desist letter to her telling her that her presence in your area is causing you to feel anxious, annoyed and harassed and if she continues you will be filing for a restrtaining order in addition to criminal charges in that regard.Such a letter coming from an attorney has a much better impact than if you wrote the letter. I suggest if the harassment continues, you will want to file the criminal charges and get a protection orderPlease note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you