Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Have been stalked i yr. over 5,000 emails. texts

Customer Question

have been stalked for almost i yr. over 5,000 emails. texts to me and girlfreind. we both have no contact order in place. will not stop. have contacted police, she has 2 orders in court for damage to property. had me arrested 2x for assault, which was false.called cps on my mother, myself, father. called cps again on me , girlfriend. emails every 15 mins per day. this has to stop. calls my work every week. have all emails saved' been to court several times. have all emails saved and texts, threatening to burn down house. police will not pay attention. what do i do? i have a child with her, so i thought maybe we could work it out, that i see my daughter. every time i see my daughter, the next day she accuses of abuse on her, and calls police. she is lying. what can i do? i cant afford a lawyer, except legal aid, and they said they cant do anything. there must be something i can do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information here.I am sorry you are experiencing this and that the police will not helpFirst, if you have a no contact order and she is continuing to contact you, I suggest it is a contempt of that court order and you should consider filing a Show Cause/Contempt proceeding against her. You should be able to get those documents to file from the clerk of the court from where the No Contact Order was issued. Next, if you are being stalked and/or harassed, and the police will not do anything I suggest the following:1 - Contact the District Attorney in the county where you live and ask about the contempt on the No Contact order. Tell them the police will not help or get involved.2 - Go to your local District/Municipal court and ask for the Magistrate or District Court Commissioner's office so you can file a Criminal Statement of Charges for the criminal offenses of stalking/harassment. It will depend on your state if you have a District Court Commissioner or a Magistrate.