How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 114728
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer. my university is expelling me and I do not

Customer Question

I need a lawyer. my university is expelling me and I do not any clue why they are treating me like this. please help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a lawyer to help me and I can explain more the detail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any clue why they are treating me like this. and finally they told me I should not go to any offices of university too. Even I don't have right to send an email to University, too.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Please understand, pursuant to state law we are forbidden from representing you. We are restricted to providing you information about your situation based on the facts and questions you have. This was also explained in the terms of service of the site. If that is sufficient for you then you can reply and we can proceed.
They have to be giving you a reason they are essentially banning you from the university in addition to expelling you. What happened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had been accepted conditionally my three professors unified to expel me I don't know the reason. one of them gave me a F instead of withdraw. when I went to dean of engineer he told at first you are right we will changed it to W you should do appeal. then I did appeal, then they told they would call police and told me do not disturb anymore. then I tried to go for other department to be transferred, I had appointment with them, after going to one of professors, they sent me trespass notice and told me any email or going to office will be considered as disruption.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
There is more to this than you are telling us, because a school does not go as far as the no trespass notice or giving you an F instead of a W without more going on. Can you please tell us the whole story including what lead to the F or you withdrawing and why your professors got together against you, there has to be some underlying reason and you need to tell us the whole thing for us to try to provide you the information you are seeking.
If you cannot do so, you may have to go see a local attorney for assistance, because in order for anyone to tell you if you have any rights in this situation, they need to know everything that happened and what led up to it happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received clear answer. I would like to o to TV to tell my problem. Do you know how can I do this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay as I was attending a client matter the last few days and was not available to get online.
In order for us to give you a "clear answer," we have to know the full story as to what happened between you and the professors and why the school has banned you from the campus. There is more to the story than you have told us and without that information we cannot give a clear answer you would like.
If you want to get this on TV to tell your story then you would need to contact the news reporters at your local stations, but they will also not get involved unless you tell them the same information I am asking you for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received an email told me that I am not a student of OU and I should not go for any offices or I should not send any emails otherwise they would call OUPD. Then I respond OU is a public place even If I was not a student I have right to go to OU, I wanted to talk to another department to be transferred then I went to OU then I received another email that they contacted OUPD. between two emails I just was in one of professors office and then I asked him to give me a letter that I was in his office with prier appointment and I did not disturb him. I did appeal and then they refused my appeal and it sounds really odd for me. then I contacted the OUPD they send an email to me that I should not call them any more. but it is very unfair. can you provide a letter for me to give him a response?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
There is some actual reason for this being done to you, these schools do not typically expel someone and ban them from campus unless some words were spoken or some incident occurred. You are not describing the incident in full and are not telling us all of the facts.
I could not help you with a letter because I do not know any of the details and without the details and you skirting around the issue by just telling me what they did and not telling me step by step what happened, what you did, what you said and what they did in response, because none of these incidents happen in a vacuum and there is always something done by both parties in one of these situations.
If you want help, you need to tell us the facts which you are not telling us now, you are just telling us your side without anything you did at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't done anything. I swear. they are not telling me why they are behaving like this. they just say you are not a student any more and should not come to OU any more. they told any comming to any offices cosider as distruption and then after one time I went they called police. I dont know why?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If this is the truth, then you would need to prove that you are being discriminated against based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, as those are the only grounds which would give you a right to legal action against the school. A school has a right to remove a student for any reason at all or no reason EXCEPT they cannot do so based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. If you can prove one of those reasons as the reason you are being treated this way, you have a basis to sue the school for the removal. Before you can sue, you actually have to sit with a local attorney to review your evidence showing that the reason for this expulsion was solely your age/race/sex/disability national origin and if that evidence is sufficient they will be able to sue the school for their improper dismissal.
Other than age/race/sex/disability/national origin, the school's decision on dismissal or barring someone from campus (even if it is a public university) is solely up to the dean of the university and that determination is final and the courts will not intervene.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe my problem in OU is because one of professors who treat me badly couple of times. One time I talked to him very badly and ask him to stop this behaviour:
I would like to sue him. Please correct the following letter and guide me about that.
My letter for sue:I would like to sue dr P because he caused me to be banned of going to OU as a public place and make me feel a lot of stress and from that time I have been talking to psychologist and taking medicine. I need to go to OU to follow up my work. I received two emails and between two emails I was in dr P office with prior appointment to ask him what is going on. Later, after receiving the trespass citation I asked his wife to request a letter from her husband about our meeting at that day. she gave me the letter with wrong date when I asked his wife again to correct the date they did not.
He treat me badly sexually several times. He knew I had been in Police department and talked about his behavior, so he wanted to make trouble for me to protect himself. He spread something lie about me in OU and I saw odd things in OU as one of them receiving the first email from Dr. W that I do not have right to send any emails or going to any offices while not sending any email is against freedom of speech and going to professors office with prior appointment is open for public.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send the letter and two emails if you provide me your email address.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You cannot send that letter to anyone. If you have proof he sexually harassed you, then you need to get a local attorney, you cannot do this on your own without an attorney. The law requires you to to have an attorney represent you on this matter and by law we cannot represent you, to get a local attorney you would use the same sites used by other attorneys, or