Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband worked 30 years. He died

Customer Question

My husband worked for Verizon for over 30 years. He died in 2004. He was 61. I collected his pension in a lump sum. I would like to double check to see if this was correct.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
Everyone's situation is different. Taking the lump sum instead of the annuity can be a good decision if you are careful with the lump sum and can invest it wisely. What specific concerns do you have about this decision? If I can I will be happy to direct you to information that will be helpful to you going forward.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.