Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Thank you sir. I recently joined a social club In Dallas, Tx whose leadership own another

Customer Question

Thank you sir. I recently joined a social club In Dallas, Tx whose leadership own another social club here in Dallas. We were recently inducted after each member paid $500 or more. The executives never represented how much was realized before the induction and during the induction, the president of the club was observed putting money realized from the event into his pocket while other members of the executive were moving money in bags around. When I confronted them, they barked at me. The next meeting was supposed to be when we elect a new executive after the current one give account of all monies. The meeting was postponed by the same executives. The next meeting a month after, before other members could come in, the executives were re-elected. Some members and myself protested the election and I was told it is a done deal. Prior to the induction, I had told them to refund my money because of some activities I became aware of. They refused. Now they have formed an ethics committee ove
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you have a specific question related to your issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't able to articulate my points very well in my post. These same guys (the same executives with same positions in different 503 c setups) start up 503c organizations to make. There is no accountability and my attempt to ask questions is about to get me booted out. I told them prior to the induction to refund my money and they refused. I want to get the advice of an attorney on how to approach this to get my money back
I see. Can you tell me if there's any contract or written membership policies in place regarding refunds, etc....?