Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If I wan to form a c corp in Delaware with the name "Basic

Customer Question

if I wan to form a c corp in Delaware with the name "Basic Treads Company, Inc." and there already is a company registered called "Basic Threads Inc." would I still be able to form that company with the slightly different name?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.With the difference between "threads" and "treads" that should be sufficient. Adding or taking away company doesn't do it usually but the fact that one of the main identifying words is different should be enough.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
opps sorry that was my bad. It would be the same name minus Company or how about adding The Basic Threads Company verse Basic Threads Inc?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
That makes a difference. They are probably going to deny it since the word "company" is really superfluous. You can try it but I've never seen a state corporation agency approve it and, in addition, it probably wouldn't make it past a trademark infringement challenge.