Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm a traveling union carpenter, and I run a small vending

Customer Question

I'm a traveling union carpenter, and I run a small vending business on the side in my home town area in Indiana. I rent booth space at a local indoor flea market & consignment mall. I sell anything from art & craft items that I make, to tee-shirts and knives, basically whatever I can make money on. We are bound to an on going, month to month rental agreement, and I always follow the rules of what we can and cannot sell. Recently I found an old Quija board with a damaged box, but the "game" components were fine. I made a new case for it from cedar boards, junkyard trinkets, and some of my own artwork. I was told to remove it from the mall. No items involving "witchcraft". WHATEVER! My problem is that it's NO violation of the contract that I signed. It reads EXACTLY as followed..."Guns, firearms of any kind, fireworks,alcohol, drug,tobacco paraphernalia, pornographic material or items with curse words, sexual scenes or comments and all illegal items are prohibited from the store and will not be tolerated."...What catergory does a Quija board fall under? What good is a contract if we don't honor it? What should I do? Not only have they breeched a signed agreement, but I also feel they have violated my first amendment right!!! I need some good legal advice PLEASE!!!
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
The contract you have this - this is with the flea market/mall, correct?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.