Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Has the supreme court made a decision on an appeal by the KBI

Customer Question

Has the supreme court made a decision on an appeal by the KBI to the ruling of Judge Larry Hendricks on the John Doe case claiming ex post facto punishment for additional years added to the sex offender registration time for client?
Deane Burgess
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.It appears no decision has yet been made. You can read more about it here at this LINKIt states: "Update (as of June 23, 2015):As more time passes since the Kansas Supreme Court heard oral argument... received an influx of calls from individuals who are curious about the status of the case. No decision has been issued yet, and we do not know when the Court will rule on the matter. We will post the decision when we receive it, but we will not have any notice in advance.And, in case you need it, you can read Judge Hendricks Decision here at this Link
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Also, if you know when the Supreme Court heard the case, you can listen to the Oral argument on this LINK
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Judge Hendricks order was signed in July 2013 so I am guessing this matter was heard mid to late 2014.