Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I worked at a job years I leased a car a week ago when

Customer Question

I worked at a job for two years I leased a car a week ago when the bank called my employer to verify my employment he screamed at them refused to give any information then got in my face telling m if I gave any info he would fire me and get me for fraud. I had to send. Y w2 forms and pay stubs to verify employment he found out I did by them calling to ask simple hire date and hung up on them then fired me. Now the car dealership wants the car back today the loan papers and registration has already been done the registration is in my name now do I have to return it today or can I wait to see an attorney next week ?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
What exactly are you asking here? Are you asking:
1) Can I keep the vehicle?
or
2) Could my employer do what they did?
Or, something else?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.