Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My daughter was put in jail, on Saturday her bail was 9553.00.

Customer Question

My daughter was put in jail, on Saturday her bail was 9553.00. Used a bail bondsman to bail her out he had me pah 450.00 the rest in payments. However, today her bail is 25,000.00 and has a warrant for her arrest. There is no way I can come up with the $2,500.00 or even $1250.00 to redo the bail. We are in Utah is my original money supposed to be refunded to me?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Generally, if the bail / bond was increased, then it would be up to the defendant to come up with difference or to surrender back to jail, however, unfortunately, any fees already paid for the original bond would generally nor be refundable but the bail bondsman should credit any amount already paid, if the defendant (or parent) decides to pay the increased amount of bond.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!